- What skin type is appropriate for Lytera® 2.0 Pigment Correcting Serum?
- Lytera® 2.0 has been shown to reduce the appearance of even the most stubborn hyperpigmentation across diverse skin tones, types, and concerns.
- Can Lytera® 2.0 be used with no visible skin discoloration, but to only brighten one’s complexion?
- Lytera® 2.0 is designed to improve clarity, evenness, and overall appearance of most skin tones and types.
- Does Lytera® 2.0 work on acne-prone skin?
- Lytera® 2.0 is non-comedogenic and developed to work well on all skin types. The retinol-free, hydroquinone-free formulation is ideal for skin prone to irritation or inflammatory lesions.
- What results are expected from using Lytera® 2.0?
- Clinical studies demonstrated the following results:
- Improved appearance of evenness of skin tone
- Improved overall appearance of the skin
- Increased radiance and clarity of the skin
- Lessened appearance of darker patches and discolorations
It’s important to note that results vary depending on severity and cause of hyperpigmentation. For optimal results, patients must comply with their recommended treatment plan, apply sunscreen daily as needed, and avoid excessive sun exposure.
- How long until visible improvements can be expected?
- In some cases, results were seen in as early as 2 weeks with increasingly dramatic improvements at week 4, 8, 12 and beyond. Results may vary depending on severity of condition. For optimal results, patients must adhere to treatment plan, use sunscreen daily, and avoid excessive sun exposure.
- Is Lytera® 2.0 safe for use with pregnant or breast-feeding patients?
- Lytera® 2.0 does not contain any known teratogenic ingredients, ingredients known to harm mother and/or baby. Therefore, pregnancy is not considered a contraindication for Lytera® 2.0.
- Can I integrate Lytera® 2.0 into a 4% prescription strength hydroquinone reg
imen? Can Lytera® 2.0 also be used with chemical peels, laser treatments, or other cosmetic topical products?
- Yes. Lytera® 2.0 was designed to work well as a monotherapy or to optimize other treatment approaches.
- How long should patients wait before applying sunscreen?
- Allow Lytera® 2.0 to absorb fully into the skin before applying sunscreen, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- How long should patients use Lytera® 2.0?
- In clinical studies, optimal results were achieved within 3 months and, in some cases, visible improvements were seen in as early as 2 weeks. However, since hyperpigmentation is a chronic condition that has no known cure, it must be constantly managed with an optimal treatment approach including daily application of SPF and avoidance of excess sun exposure. Use of Lytera® 2.0 is recommended as long as results are desired.
- Should I use Lytera® 2.0 only as a spot treatment?
- In clinical studies, the formula was shown to be effective when applied to the entire face and was not evaluated as a spot treatment.
- How often should Lytera® 2.0 be applied?
- For best results, 1 pump of Lytera® 2.0 applied twice daily (morning and evening) is recommended.
- Where should Lytera® 2.0 be applied?
- Lytera® 2.0 can be used on the face, neck, chest, or other affected areas.
- How long should one (1) 2 Fl. Oz. Lytera® 2.0 bottle last?
- A 2 Fl. Oz. bottle should last 8-10 weeks, if used according to package directions, 1 pump, twice daily (morning and evening).
- What are proper storage conditions for Lytera® 2.0?
- As with most SkinMedica® products, Lytera® 2.0 should be stored at room temperature 15-30 degrees Celsius (59-86 degrees Fahrenheit). Avoid exposure to extreme heat or cold.