HOW EltaMD SUNSCREENS WORK
EltaMD broad-spectrum sunscreens provide safe, broad-spectrum ultraviolet (UV) protection. A broad-spectrum sunscreen helps prevent sunburn and if used as directed with other sun protection measures, decreases the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging caused by the sun. Ultraviolet, or UV rays, are part of the invisible energy that comes from the sun. UVA (aging) rays account for 95% of our sun exposure. They cause skin aging and contribute to skin cancer. UVA rays penetrate deeply into the skin layers, damaging collagen and cells which leads to wrinkling, hyperpigmentation and loss of elasticity. UVB (burning) rays mostly affect the outer layer of the skin. They cause sunburns and tanning that increase the risk of skin cancer and other disorders. The risk for skin cancer doubles in people who have had five or more sunburns. Skin Cancer Foundation (Nov. 2010)
When wearing EltaMD sunscreens, the UVA and UVB rays reflect and scatter away from your skin, providing you protection from sunburn. EltaMD sunscreens help prevent sunburn and, if used as directed with other sun protection measures, decrease the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging caused by the sun.
THINK ZINC FOR SERIOUS UV PROTECTION
All EltaMD sunscreens are formulated with zinc oxide, a natural, mineral compound. Because zinc maintains its protective ability in the sun, it is more photostable than some chemical ingredients that may degrade. Zinc sunscreen blocks the widest spectrum of UVA and UVB rays, protecting skin against burning and the premature appearance of aging and risk of skin cancer. Zinc is safe for even the most sensitive skin types.
EltaMD offers a line of superior sun protection formulas, designed with maximum efficacy in mind. Their broad-spectrum formulas are designed for all skin types. Specially formulated with zinc oxide, EltaMD provides long-lasting UVA and UVB protection with SPF rating from 30 to 50. EltaMD believes that proper sun protection is essential for every individual, which is why they make their products incredibly easy to use, with light, creamy, non-comedogenic, moisturizing lotions and creams. EltaMD protects, nourishes and beautifies the skin with each application, allowing it to glow with youthful vibrancy.
Active Ingredients: 10.0% Zinc oxide, 5.5% Titanium dioxide
Zinc oxide: Natural mineral compound that works as a sunscreen agent by reflecting and scattering UVA and UVB rays
Titanium dioxide: Natural mineral that works as a sunscreen agent by reflecting and scattering UV radiation
Ascorbyl palmitate (vitamin C ester): Antioxidant that reduces free radicals to help diminish the visible signs of aging
Sodium hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid): Humectant that attracts and retains moisture, improving skin feel and restores suppleness
Inactive Ingredients: Purified Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Sodium Chloride, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Alumina, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Iron Oxides.
Uses: EltaMD UV Elements Broad-Spectrum SPF 44 helps prevent sunburn and, if used as directed with other sun protection measures (see Directions), decreases the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging caused by the sun.
- Apply liberally to face and neck 15 minutes before sun exposure
- Use a water-resistant sunscreen if swimming or sweating
- Reapply at least every 2 hours
- Sun Protection Measures. Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a broad-spectrum SPF of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including:
- Limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Wear long-sleeve shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses
- Before use on children under 6 months: Ask a physician
How to activate pump:
- With the cap cover in place over the pump, invert the container upside down and tap firmly 4‐5 times. (This will force the liquid up into the actuator and create a vacuum).
- Return the container to its upright position.
- Remove the cap, and with the nozzle away from your face, press the pump to dispense the product into your hand. It may take several pumps to completely prime the pump to allow the actuator to deliver product.
- If pump continues to fail, try steps again.